I curated a Chicago-artists-only compilation of innovative electronic music for my label, subVariant called “Frequencity. Read more about it and download it here. I’ve also contributed a track as Quantazelle. Enjoy!
TRACKLIST: 01. Beanbake: “A Bicycle In Your Mind” [Melodic Electronica]
02. Belmont and Clark: “Dark Compression” [Analogue Electro]
03. Ella Laurence: “aaaAH” [Acid]
04. [esc]APE: “Square Fingers” [Dark Electro]
05. Polyfuse: “Blood on the Urinal” [Electro Industrial]
06. Foe Paw: “Dos Otros” [Prog Rock]
07. XYZR_KX: “Home” [Folk IDM]
08. Mike Gonsior: “Reflections” [Downtempo Electronica]
09. Quantazelle: “Polychromatic Tomatoes” [Melodic Electronica]
10. Lokua: “Hue” [Minimal Techno]
11. Drasla: “Moonlight Somnambula” [Neo-Classical IDM]
12. Elock: “Ari on Acid” [Chiptune]
This is the release party for the latest free compilation on my label. Come out and listen to live PAs from five artists who are on the compilation.
Chicago-based innovative electronic music label subVariant will release a free-to-download compliation called Frequencity featuring quality songs from Chicagoland musicians. Earlier this year subVariant released a public call for electronic music from area musicians, without restriction on the genre. In response, a dozen tracks were chosen that represented high quality perspectives on the medium from a talented group of musicians.
On Wednesday, November 16, five of the artists will play at Darkroom (2210 W Chicago Ave Chicago): XYZR_KX, Belmont & Clark, Beanbake, Foe Paw, and [esc]APE.