Here’s a selection of tracks from the subVariant releases. Thirteen special edition physical copies were made and individually signed and numbered (pictured above).
Download the zip file, or click on the track names to download individual MP3s.
I curated a Chicago-artists-only compilation of innovative electronic music for my label, subVariant called “Frequencity. Read more about it and download it here. I’ve also contributed a track as Quantazelle. Enjoy!
01. Beanbake: “A Bicycle In Your Mind” [Melodic Electronica]
02. Belmont and Clark: “Dark Compression” [Analogue Electro]
03. Ella Laurence: “aaaAH” [Acid]
04. [esc]APE: “Square Fingers” [Dark Electro]
05. Polyfuse: “Blood on the Urinal” [Electro Industrial]
06. Foe Paw: “Dos Otros” [Prog Rock]
07. XYZR_KX: “Home” [Folk IDM]
08. Mike Gonsior: “Reflections” [Downtempo Electronica]
09. Quantazelle: “Polychromatic Tomatoes” [Melodic Electronica]
10. Lokua: “Hue” [Minimal Techno]
11. Drasla: “Moonlight Somnambula” [Neo-Classical IDM]
12. Elock: “Ari on Acid” [Chiptune]
Chicago-based innovative electronic music label subVariant will release a free-to-download compliation called Frequencity featuring quality songs from Chicagoland musicians. Earlier this year subVariant released a public call for electronic music from area musicians, without restriction on the genre. In response, a dozen tracks were chosen that represented high quality perspectives on the medium from a talented group of musicians.
On Wednesday, November 16, five of the artists will play at Darkroom (2210 W Chicago Ave Chicago): XYZR_KX, Belmont & Clark, Beanbake, Foe Paw, and [esc]APE.